Business Corporate Law
We provide advice and weigh multiple factors when selecting an entity that best fits your needs, such as:
- “S” Corporation
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- “C” Corporation
- Family Business Entity
- Sole proprietorship
- Professional Corporation
- Professional Limited Liability Companies
As your business grows you will most likely hire additional employees. With employees come many legal issues that can be alleviated with the proper planning our team provides many solutions, such as:
- Confidentiality and Non-disclosure Agreements
- Employment contracts
- Employee handbooks
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) matters
- Drug Testing Issues
- Non-compete Agreements
- Litigation defense and representation in front of state agencies
- Sexual harassment and discrimination matters
- Severance Agreements
- Termination process and procedures
- Firing / Layoff of Employees
- Pre Incorporation and Business Planning services
- Corporate Meetings
- Strategic Planning Sessions
- Board of Director matters
- Buy Sell Agreements
- Parliamentarian services
- Licensure matters
- Business Succession Planning
- Vendor, Lease, Shareholder, Member, Operating Agreements
- Business and Contract litigation
- PLCB matters and Liquor Licensure
- Change of Entity
- Debt Collection
- Corporate Compliance
At the Stone, Wiley & Linsenbach, we are pledged to providing practical advice and creative solutions for all business and corporate matters, including choosing a form of business; restructuring and reorganizations; business planning; and financing. In addition, we advise business owners in all areas of their lives. Further, we sit on The Board of Directors of many companies; and help set the strategy and tactics for those organizations. Moreover, we help pair our clients with other professionals to build a team in order to achieve maximum success. Our firm works to protect your intellectual property and when necessary to protect or advance our client’s interests via negotiation or litigation.
From Start-ups and cottage companies to Established Businesses, we advise and provide a vast array of services to newly formed businesses and rapidly growing companies. Moreover, we also have experience advising companies with intellectual property, alternative energy products, advanced technology and e-commerce issues.
Our Firm is committed to building long-term relationships with our clients by focusing not only on business goals, but the business owner’s personal goals and objectives. We will diligently work to achieve your desired outcome. We strive to balance legal expenses with business risks in the decision making process.
If you have any business or corporate law matters that need to be dealt with, it would be our privilege to provide advice and legal services to your business. Please contact us for an initial consultation.
Starting a Business
When starting a business, choosing the right form of business organization and business name is vital to your success and liability protection. Our firm has helped numerous businesses thrive and become successful. We offer a variety of services and advice on every aspect of forming and running your business, including planning, finding financing, marketing, networking and avoiding liability.
Below are some key concepts to succeeding.
- The secret to success is WORK.
- Read about management, marketing, finances/accounting, technology and success stories of other businesses. Read in areas you know nothing about, as all business have shared fundamentals.
- Start brain storming and setting goals and ideas down on paper. This will then be turned into your business plan. Go to the following website to get ideas on what you should be thinking about when starting a business plan: https://www.sba.gov/writing-business-plan
- Build a team of professionals around you that you trust.
- Choose the correct entity for your business.
- Start. If you fail at something get back up and learn from it and go forward. Those that quit fail. Those that learn from failure succeed.
- DEBT IS TYPICALLY BAD! Remember the old adage about the turtle winning the race. Maybe the only good debt is if you are buying a commercial property. Build up your reserves. In 2008 and 2009 those that were leveraged to the hilt or had no reserves or ability to absorb a bad year were closed or dissolved. Plan for rainy days.
- You make your own economy and customers by your work, by your customer service and by your personality or product.
- Continually plan and reevaluate.
- Train others to do your job so the business can succeed while you are on vacation (you need sometime to recharge), sick or disabled.
We are committed to helping your business achieve its goals. At our Firm, we strive to provide you and your business the personal attention necessary to continue moving forward and prospering in an ever changing legal environment. We make every attempt to be the Key to Business Law.
The following are just some of the services we provide to small business owners:
- Analysis of Contracts, Leases, Liability, and Business Operations
- Appropriate Estate Planning and Business Succession
- Business and Contract Litigation
- Buy-Sell Agreement
- Custom Contract Drafting
- Debt Collection
- Intellectual Property matters: Obtaining Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights
- Liquor License purchase, Sale and Transfers, and Representation with PLCB
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Operating Agreements
- Real Estate Services
To contact us to assist you with your business matters click here.